Full Stack Developer
APLYiD is the market-leading provider of RegTech solutions for companies in the UK, Australia and New Zealand headquartered out of Auckland. Focused on the ‘Onboarding process that companies are faced with, APLYiD was developed to save companies time and money, when managing prospective clients and ultimately supporting compliance with the latest legislation.
APLYiD provides a wide range of solutions, the core of APLYiD is to provide:
- Biometric ID checking - Facial Recognition, Face Match & Liveness detection
- Source of truth datasets covering both Government and commercial data through Credit Bureau Data and any applicable or available datasets
- Provided through a SaaS platform designed to be instantly accessible and cost-effective, as well as supporting an open API to meet any bespoke requirements
- On-boarding APLYiD forms to create unique new to client customer experiences
- The ultimate solution to reduce development time and increase speed to market
With hundreds of clients relying on APLYiD’s technologies, our understanding of what's required from regulatory bodies puts our team and our tech at the forefront of the best onboarding companies in the world.
Focusing on user experience first, APLYiD makes verifying the identity of anyone, fast and secure.
The senior leadership team hail from the largest Credit Bureaus, Risk Solutions companies and Data providers in the world.
Russell Smith - CEO & Claudia Smith CCO - Not related or married but long-standing business partners who have worked for Experian, Lexis Nexis, Dun & Bradstreet and Equifax respectively and have successfully managed several start-up companies between them.
Our rapidly expanding team has grown over 200% over the last 3 years. Some of our key founders such as Eddy Radina CTO, Toby Taylor Senior BDM and Manoj Patel Sales Director APAC know what it takes to succeed and have been instrumental in driving the business forwards. The team based out of our Auckland, New Zealand headquarters is ready for another wave of expansion as is our Sydney & London office.
We get the onboarding solutions space, we know what incredible user journeys and total protection looks like. We also know what positive, fun and exciting culture should be and we have that.
Flexible working hours, a customer-focused first attitude, incredible packages for our team, exciting office spaces, events and feel-good benefits all add up to one very exciting experience for our existing team members and our new recruits. We are investing heavily into our people and our culture. More possibilities await our newest teammates than ever before.
Since 2019, APLYiD has secured some of the biggest and most respected names in NZ & Australia. Our focus is in Finance, Legal and Accounting with a wide number of other verticals covered such as the vehicle hiring space, fintech and crypto. We believe in our SaaS platform's capability and speed to market allows us to continue to grab great globally recognised logos such as Western Union, Ricoh and BDO.
Whether it's picking up contracts with the largest finance companies in APAC like Latitude Financial Services or major law firms like Buddle Findlay & Russell McVeagh our customer satisfaction is at the forefront of what we do. We work hard for our customers and ensure their clients have the best user experience possible.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to research and develop new features and maintain the code base of our application following industry proven processes. You will be responsible for continuing to build and develop a world class and market leading digital onboarding platform. You will also be responsible for improving the technology stack that the business uses with a focus on the front-end technology and code, ensure security and functionality is maintained to the highest standard. Your main duties include creating user interactions on our application, writing code optimised for mobile and developing database and services for functionality.
- Ideally a Degree in Computer Science with a focus on software development.
- 3+ years of experience in software development in a production environment.
- Our front-end is built on Vue, so experience with this is preferred, but experience will React and Angular will also be considered.
- Significant experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred. At least a desire to work with and learn Ruby on Rails.
- Any backend experience with node, php, java, .net and portgresql or any database is well regarded.
- Experience with writing automated tests.
- Proficiency in Capybara and Rspec is a bonus
- Experience with CSS, HTML semantics and accessibility.
- Some understanding of cloud servers such as AWS would be good.
- Experience with Github, Slack, Discord, Jira and Confulence all favourable.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Productive and efficient and experience working in agile sprints.
- Managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment.
- Maintaining and upgrading the software following deployment.
- Managing the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications.
- Overseeing and guiding the analysing, writing, building, and deployment of software and supporting documentation.
- Overseeing the automated testing and providing feedback to management during the development process.
- Modifying and testing changes to previously developed programs.
- Reviewing code of other team members before pushing to production.
- Working on support tickets, triaging bugs and working on fixes.
Don’t see an opportunity that’s a fit?
Share your details with us along with a CV and we may contact you in the future when we have opportunities that are aligned with your interests.